Looking pretty in agriculture

It isn't all about playing in the dirt. 

A little while ago one of my awesome friend's Chelsea Good invited me to be apart of a little photo taking session. She wanted her good girlfriends to join here for some photos by Wrenn Bird Photography. Now, Wrenn is a great photographer, she also has a strong background in ranching and agriculture, and I wasn't going to miss an opportunity to hang out with the girls, so off to the Flint Hills of Kansas we went. 


You see just because we are "farm girls" doesn't mean we don't like getting dresses up a little. You should see how many different hair products and make-up containers there would be between the three of us. I always laugh when someone says well you don't look like you grew up on a farm. I am not really sure what growing up on a farm is supposed to look like. 


Chelsea is originally from Colorado and your typical 4-H/FFA geek. I mean that in a good way. Livestock Judging brought her to Kansas, and that's where we met. From there Chelsea continued to conquer the world. She is finishing law school, while promoting agriculture as the Communications Director for the Kansas Department of Agriculture (quick go like her facebook page, it'll make her happy). Chelsea is the girl that we need in agriculture cause she is going to fight for us. Just because you wear sundresses 80% of the year doesn't mean you don't know something about soil, corn or cattle.


This is Abby - she is single, actually so is Chelsea, incase anyone was curious. Abby comes from Michigan. She knows her way around the cattle show barns and the pastures back home. A ton of mutual friends in agriculture brought Abby and I together. Abby also ended up in Kansas working for the Beef Cattle Institute as their Communication Officer. She runs around the state of Kansas, and actually the whole country, getting people signed up for Beef Quality Assurance (BQA) courses. She is the girl making sure farmers and ranchers have the training to provide you with the safest product possible. Please like her facebook page too, and you might want to sign up to become BQA certified. 


And that is me.  I think you know quite a bit about me already, but don't be afraid to ask if you are missing a piece to the puzzle. I have a LOT of exciting things to tell you soon about changes in my life and new projects I'm working on, but I have to keep my lips sealed for now. All I can say is yes no matter how I look on the outside I know a thing or two about the food we eat, raising cattle, corn (OK trying to learn) and turquoise jewelry. And above all I have a passion for agriculture. 


Our better side?
You have read this article agriculture advocacy / friends / photography with the title Looking pretty in agriculture. You can bookmark this page URL http://miavamp22.blogspot.com/2011/08/looking-pretty-in-agriculture.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...