Well Done Steaks

Nothing worse than a well done steak. 

I remember in college my livestock judging coach would always take us out for one good meal after the contest was over. As a college kid a great steak was the equivalent to candy. At that stage in my life I just couldn't bring myself to buy grocery store beef 1. because who knew beef cost that much and 2. it just didn't taste like the home-raised stuff. (Now a little more mature I realize that yes good beef isn't going to be as cheap as a burger off the dollar menu, but there are affordable options and by sticking with Brand Beef Programs like Certified Angus Beef or Amana - that's the brand  I can get locally at Hyvee you can ensure a quality eating experience.

Back to my judging coach. He was more than willing to pay for our steak as long as it wasn't cooked more than medium. Medium-well or well-done was considered ruined, and you could pay for it yourself. Luckily, I think the perfect temperature for beef is medium-rare. And that is why this King of the Hill video about how steaks should be cooked makes me laugh.



p.s. Don't forget about your dad this Father's Day. If you live close enough to your dad be sure to take him out for a great steak or fire up the grill!

And one last thing. You may notice that this blog is now on a different url. So you'll have to refollow if you were once a follower, and change any of your bookmarks to www.crystalcattle.blogspot.com. Thanks for reading! 
You have read this article agriculture advocacy / beef / video with the title Well Done Steaks. You can bookmark this page URL http://miavamp22.blogspot.com/2011/06/well-done-steaks.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...