Losing part of the family

Have to say good-bye

Yesterday, my sister sent me message saying that tomorrow was going to be a sad day - Ruffles was going to have to go down the road. See Ruffles is my sister absolutely favorite cow, her best friend. Even though my dad and I have cursed her many times for running through gates, blocking the alley, really just being a spoiled pain, we love her.

However, as much as agriculture is my family's passion, it is also a business. Ruffles has been open (not in calf) for two years in a row now, and feeding open cows doesn't pay the bills so Stacy decided to send her to market.

My mom wrote a really good post about Ruffles and what she has meant to our farm and Stacy. Yeah, I cried when I read it.


Two summers ago I snapped this picture of Stacy and Ruffles. It is one of my favorites. 
You have read this article cattle / family / Stacy with the title Losing part of the family. You can bookmark this page URL http://miavamp22.blogspot.com/2011/01/losing-part-of-family.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...