Life on a Kansas Cattle Ranch - I am Angus

Telling her story.

Before Christmas I traveled out to the Flint Hills of Kansas to spend a day videoing and interviewing Debbie Lyons Blythe. Debbie is a pretty cool gal. She is the man power behind her family's ranch, and has five kids and a great husband to support to her. She's involved in her community, knows the importance of attending industry agriculture meetings and has wrote a cook book so consumers who are buying boxed beef from her have a better understanding of how to utilize the whole carcass.

I got to the Ranch just a little before lunch and Debbie was starting to make a huge pot of chili. I knew it would be good because I am a huge fan of Debbie's Beef Enchilada Soup recipe. Looking at that pot I thought wow she'll have left overs for days. However, when her kids (four in high school, and one a in college) rolled in for lunch it was evident that there wasn't going to be much left over. These kids were filling up on beef, and it would fuel them for rest of the day.

Debbie was the subject of my I am Angus segment because of her commitment to telling agriculture's story to the consumer. She wants consumers to know where their food comes from, and she wants farmers and ranchers to be accessible to answer questions. Things I want too.



Be sure to check out Debbie on Twitter @DebbieLB, her facebook page Life on a Kansas Cattle Ranch or Debbie's ranch blog.
You have read this article blogs / cattle / I am Angus / ranch / video with the title Life on a Kansas Cattle Ranch - I am Angus. You can bookmark this page URL http://miavamp22.blogspot.com/2011/01/life-on-kansas-cattle-ranch-i-am-angus.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...