Poshmark: The Ultimate Way to Shop & Sell

Have you been hearing the buzz about Poshmark? This weekend I got addicted.


What is Poshmark? 
It is an app that you download to your iPhone or iPad, and it allows you to sell or buy clothing. Think Goodwill, but brand names and stuff that you will actually wear. A lot of the items are also brand new with the tags still on. Poshmark allows you to shop the closets of your friends and other women with great style from across the country. I already saw a part of Corral Boots on there for $100, but they weren't my size.

How do you get started?
1. You have to have an iPhone or iPad
2. It is only for people in the USA
3. Start pulling all the stuff out of your closet that is too big, too small or that you just don't wear anymore. It can be clothing, shoes or accessories.
4. Use the Poshmark App to take a picture and type in the details.
5. Set your price.
6. When you sell an item Poshmark gets 20% and you get 80% of the selling price. They will email you a prepaid label, and you pop your item in the mail. Once they seller receives the items you are paid by Poshmark. You can either withdraw your funds or use them to make purchases from other sellers.


These are just a few of the items from my "closet." Since I joined back in March I have profited nearly $300. Which is a lot more than I would have gotten at Goodwill. 

A couple of other tips. You will want to RSVP/join Parties. When the party starts click on an item in your closet and click on the share button. This allows you to share your items with hundreds of people who aren't even following you. I am also learning this is a great way to build followers. 

If you are in buyer mode don't be afraid to ask for a better price. There seems to be a lot of that going on and it looks like it works a good chunk of the time. 

Also, there is something called bundling. If a buyer likes more than one item in your closet/store they might ask you to bundle the items so they don't have to pay shipping on each item. This means you make a new listing with the bundled items and sometimes the seller will also give a discount. 

If you are on the buying side you can find some awesome deals. I bought a pair of Dojo Seven for Mankind jeans that usually retail around $160 for $23. The Boy will also make me tell you I have two pairs of Dojo Jeans for sale in my closet because I was guessing at my size and bought the wrong size twice before figuring it out! You can also find lots of great deals on Sperry's - I've bought two pair now averaging $25, and jewelry like Kate Spade - bought the earrings I wore in my sister's wedding for $25 and they are regularly $50. 

Now comment below with your questions or if you are on Poshmark, so I can follow you. My username is Crystal Cattle. Happy Poshing! 

You have read this article Clothing / style with the title Poshmark: The Ultimate Way to Shop & Sell . You can bookmark this page URL http://miavamp22.blogspot.com/2013/03/poshmark-ultimate-way-to-shop-sell.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...