My farmer friends are sexy and they know it

A parody in the field. 

On Tuesday night as I sat in my hotel room @Mel_Writer tweeted me about some "crazy creative advocate"(she knows them personally) with a new YouTube video. Let's just say these boys aren't the "Sexy and I know it," type rather the "I'm farming and we grow it." Just watch this video.


These three boys definitely peaked my curiosity and I had to know who they were. I sent off an email and here is the behind the scenes story of these YouTube agriculture superstars.

Greg (21), Nathan (18) and Kendal (15) are from Assaria, KS and are a part of their fourth generation farm. They are also die hard K-State fans. This made me even more excited. Greg is a senior at K-State majoring in Ag Communications with a minor in Music Performance (not surprising), Nathan will be a freshman at K-State this fall and Kendal will mostly likely end up there too, after finishing high school.

The boys' primarily raise beef cattle, but also have crops such as wheat, corn, soybeans, milo and alfalfa. I would say all that food raising keeps them pretty busy.

Now, how in world do you come up with a video like this. Well, Greg said that he wrote the song back in May, and convinced his brothers to record the audio with him before wheat harvest started, and then during wheat harvest they started filming all the scenes. "We filmed everyday since then, and whenever  we convinced my dad to let us off work early," said Greg.

In the first 24 hours the video surpassed 4,000 views, and with all the sharing and singing along the video is growing into quite the sensation.

Greg said if he could share one thing with consumers is would be, "Don't take agriculture for granted. Whenever, I see people on the Internet bashing farmers I know it is because they do not understand us. Farmers are vital to our society and we work hard to meet the demands of consumers. Farmers are just trying to meet the needs of the people!"

Be sure to also check out their Facebook page Peterson Farm Brothers.
Dec. 17 Update - the video now has 8+ million views. They also have a second video out called Farmer Style and it has 10+ million views.
You have read this article food / K-State / video with the title My farmer friends are sexy and they know it. You can bookmark this page URL http://miavamp22.blogspot.com/2012/06/my-farmer-friends-are-sexy-and-they.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...