Fall Equals Pumpkins

They are everywhere

Last week the pumpkins arrived at Wal-Mart (yup I am a Wal-Mart shopper), and although Wal-Mart is usually a couple months ahead of every season (expect Christmas decor soon) I am ready for Fall.

I figure what way is better to celebrate fall than pumpkins! Yes, I know other would say harvest, corn stalks or scarf weather, but this year I am really excited about pumpkins.


Like pumpkins like these. You can read the pumpkin tutorial here, but basically this requires washing the pumpkin, spray paint and stick on numbers. Done. Check our Twig and Thistle for all kinds of cool decorating tips.

Did you know the top producing pumpkin states are Illinois, Ohio, Pennslyvania and California.


There are so many carveless pumpkin DIY ideas out there. You can read the tutorial here, but it involves white acrylic paint and black paint markers. You could do all kinds of designs. Maybe a polka dot pumpkin?

Did you know that pumpkins are 90% water.


I also love thumb tack pumplins, and this monogram one is great. Amy from All in a Day actually used a foam pumpkin, so this one will last forever. She has a really clever trick, so definitely check out her thumb tack pumpkin tutorial.


I love these nailhead pumpkins! I think they are amazing, and I'm adding these to my DIY Fall project. You can find the Nailhead Pumpkin tutorial here.

If you are traditional and need some pumpkin carving inspiration check out this pumpkin carving post of mine from last year. You could also just make a pumpkin burger! 

From the latest Food Network Magazine.
I hope you have an awesome weekend. The Boy and I are headed home to Canada for an engagement party. Should be a great time with lots of friends and family. 


You have read this article agriculture / food / halloween with the title Fall Equals Pumpkins. You can bookmark this page URL http://miavamp22.blogspot.com/2011/09/fall-equals-pumpkins.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...