Perms and Simmental Cattle

Keep reading. Embarrassing photos are revealed.

It's interesting the tags that get placed on your as you move from point to point in your life. In my professional network many people know me as that Angus girl. And now there are some that refer to me as a Hereford girl due to my past internship with the American Hereford Association and now the Boy and I's engagement. The truth is I am actually a Simmental gal at heart!

My family has always had Simmental cattle and my sister and I were surrounded by Simmental cattle from the time we were born. My first cow, appropriately name Crystal Cow, was a big red and white spotted thing. Her first calf was name Stacy Cow, and appropriately given to my sister.

Today, I am very excited because I get to return to some of those Simmental roots. I'll be speaking to 55 engergitic (let's hope they are energetic and I don't put them asleep) young Simmental enthusiasts at their leadership conference, The Summit - Mark Your Spot.

Getting ready for the showring.
My family was extremely active in the Young Canada Junior Simmental program and I even attended to National Classics in the U.S. - one in For Collins, Colorado, and one in Bowling Green, Kentucky. It was probably after my second National Classic that I really started thinking about attending school in the States. The people I had met through the American Junior Simmental program (the Hege, Parke, McDowell, Phillips and Harker families) were awesome people, I would have the opportunity to be apart of a Livestock Judging Team and Agricultural Communications was a degree only offered south of the border.

Hopefully, I'll inspire a few people today.

Myself (yes, that is a perm), Aleesa, Cody, Krista, not sure, Jake and Chris all the awards banquet at that Junior National in Kentucky. 

I was quite the karaoke star - I am pretty sure we are signing the Dixie Chick's Good Bye Earl here.

One of the last National Classic I attended in Canada.
You have read this article cattle / family with the title Perms and Simmental Cattle. You can bookmark this page URL http://miavamp22.blogspot.com/2011/07/perms-and-simmental-cattle.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...