Grandpa's Turquoise Belt Buckle

Exciting

Yesterday, was my birthday. And it was fabulous - so many phone calls, cards, texts and facebook messages (that's what we get instead of letters these days). I had a great supper with some friends last night and will be spending the weekend with the Boy and his cows. Perfect.

Although, I got many wonderful gift there is one in particular I wanted to share with you.

When I got home from work, there was a padded envelope on the kitchen counter. It was really tore up, and addressed from my Grandma and Grandpa G in Alberta. As I opened it there was a workout top from the Canadian brand LuLu Lemons. Awesome, but there was also a velvet drawstring bag.

To my surprise this was in that bag.


This was my Grandpa's old belt buckle. H.L.C. stands for Highwood Land and Cattle. I had no idea he even had it. 

I was overcome with excited and emotion, and quickly called Grandpa. He said had the belt buckle made in 1979 at the National Western Stock Show in Denver. There was an Indian man making belt buckles and Grandpa thought he would like one for himself. The man said they were $60, only took cash, didn't give receipts and needed a business card from Grandpa, and in six months he would receive his buckle. So the exchange happened. 

Grandpa said Grandma was furious, and told him that there was no way he would ever see that buckle or money again. However, a few months later a ringman attending a livestock sale, came up to Grandpa and said an Indian man told me to make sure Chuck got this, and there was his buckle. 

Grandpa said since his belly was too big now, and since I love turquoise so much it is mine. Thank-you Grandpa and Grandma, best birthday present ever!
You have read this article family / gifts / turquoise with the title Grandpa's Turquoise Belt Buckle. You can bookmark this page URL http://miavamp22.blogspot.com/2011/03/grandpa-turquoise-belt-buckle.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...