Luck and fate and stuff like that.

Do you believe. 

Luck - what do you think about? My friends have varying opinions of the subject, and I think it is quite humorous. My friend Cgood is one-of-a-kind. I know you aren't supposed to use the word unique, but my dear readers she is. This year Cgood explained her views on luck to me. According to her everyone only has a finite amount of luck, and every time you say "Good luck" to someone you are giving part of yours away. Cgood is pretty worried about the well drying up eventually, so she is very careful in her distribution of well wishes. For example:

1. If someone wishes her good luck, she may say something in return like - Go get em or have fun. If she would to say good luck back, the good lucks would essentially cancel each other out.

2. If someone wishes an entire group of people good luck, that's almost like bad luck. You have to be selective in your good luck for it mean something. If everyone has good luck, then really no one has good luck.

3. Cgood will make deals with people regarding luck. For example she made a pact with a friend if he was the only one to wish her good luck on her finals, then she would only tell him good luck on his Bar exam.

The funny this as I am telling this story to other friends of mine this weekend they agreed with Cgood! Another friend, we'll call her "Crystal with a K," doesn't believe in fate or destiny, thinks Cgood's viewpoint is legit. "Crystal with a K" beleive she'll decide what she wants to happen and then make it happen. Destiny is just a happy word that you can put on t-shirts and write quotes about. Now that I think about it, I would rather really on my own dedication and skill to get me some where rather than destiny. Geez I have smart friends.

Comments from the crowd?

I also promised Cgood that I would help her solicit some good luck. She is taking law school finals this week, Thursday and Monday. She reads the blog often so feel free to leave some luck here - but only if you have extra to spare.

p.s. Road trip stories from Calf fry will come this week.
You have read this article cgood / friends / thoughts with the title Luck and fate and stuff like that.. You can bookmark this page URL http://miavamp22.blogspot.com/2010/05/luck-and-fate-and-stuff-like-that.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...