State Fair Time!

Oh the memories. 

Well the big week is over. Board meetings were a huge success, and I am excited to share some of the details of the new national advertising campaign soon. But onto this blogs subject matter - the Kansas State Fair!

The KSF holds lots of memories for me:

1. It was the first state fair I had ever been to.
2. It was the first time I had ever seen a hog show.
3. I got to share in a lot of special moments and wins with very close friends there.
4. I got to scratch a lot of bellies and hold a lot of halters - something I miss so much now!
5. I met some of my closest friends at the KSF - get to go there with one of those friends this weekend.
6. I don't know how many classes I judged there when I was on Butler and K-State's team.
6a. I also had my longest judging workout of my life there - Chris never could leave before Schaake.
7. I remember that I found out Ben had proposed to Corineah during one of those practices, but we couldn't say anything yet (even though I think the whole team had spread the word amongst ourselves.) 8. It was the first time that I walked into a cattle show and didn't know anyone except my team. It was a really uncommon feeling for me, but by the next year it was no different than going to a show at home.

There are lots of other too, and thanks to everyone that help make those memories happen. Can't wait to get there this weekend. I am sure Robin and I will be able to dig up a little fun.
You have read this article cattle / friends / road trips with the title State Fair Time!. You can bookmark this page URL http://miavamp22.blogspot.com/2009/09/state-fair-time.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...