101 in 1001 - not so good

So I have been really awfully at updating everyone on my progress. Maybe that is because I am not making it very far through my list. I guess that is why I have 1001 days (actually a lot less than that now.)

One thing I can do today though to help me out is giving gratitude. This is suppose to be a monthly thing, but here's to starting August off right.

I am thankfully for all the opportunities that have come my way.

On Monday I will be starting my new position of Assistant Director of Public Relation while still getting to do Creative Media 25 percent of the time. I have only been at the association a year and a half but feel like I have really been able to make my mark. I remember my very first cattle event down here. It was the Kansas State Fair in 2003 and I knew no one except for my judging teammates when I walked into the barn. It was a little bit of a scary feeling, because if you ask my sister she will definitely say that I am the social butterfly. However, my out going personality and my determination saw that I never had that feeling again. 

When I went to work for Angus a little bit of that scary feeling returned. Although, I had made many great friends in the club calf, Simmental and Hereford barns, the Angus business was a little foreign to me. I joke saying that this business is full of the Angus Royalty and socialites, however I have made friends with some amazing people. This year at the junior show I even had kids come up who knew my name and I didn't have a clue who they were. I have great people to work with in this office and great breeders to serve and I am glad that they have sent opportunities my way. 

I am thankful for my family. 

I have a great family, and don't get to see them often enough, but the best part about them is that they understand what I am doing is important to me and the same opportunities aren't available at home right now. It was so nice to be home and just relax a little. Although, dad is certain that I am not going to move back across the border anytime soon, I am still not going to rule it out. Being back in Alberta is always a great experience. I am reminded how much I enjoy being there - having sunlight until ten o'clock at night, how nice it is to see trees, being around my cattle and being able to help out on a farm again. 

One last thing!

I am thankful that football season is almost here. Because that means quality time at K-State with some of my best friends. Go Cats!
You have read this article 101 in 1001 with the title 101 in 1001 - not so good. You can bookmark this page URL http://miavamp22.blogspot.com/2009/08/101-in-1001-not-so-good.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...